Get holiday hair-ready with our version of Jennifer Lawrence’s DRD-laced braid! Going the extra mile and getting multiple use out of our Jennifer by the Yard Necklace, J.Law walked the red carpet for the Paris premiere of The Hunger Games with a scene-stealing milkmaid braid that set the Pinterest world on fire. Inspiring our next holiday party look, we teamed up with stylist Ashley Young to teach you how to replicate the braided updo in just a few easy steps!
1. Pin hair up in a loose updo, leaving a section out on desired side from the ear forward.
2. Divide the hairline into 3 sections and begin braiding.
3. Complete the braid and secure with a small, invisible elastic hairband.
4. Use your fingers to gently break apart the braid for an effortless, boho-inspired effect.
5. Secure the necklace underneath the top of the braid with a bobby pin. Gently weave the necklace, pulling through the loops of the braid.
6. Wrap necklace around the end of the braid. Secure with a bobby pin and hide the tail in the back of the updo.
7. If desired, top it all off with a light coat of hairspray.